Saturday 11 January 2014

Pesto, Pea & Mint Soup



I'm trying to be healthy after putting on the pounds after Christmas and thinking of lunch ideas is the worst one for me. I love breakfast and dinner, but lunch at work makes me feel a bit meh. It's so easy to stick to the sandwiches or a thrown together salad, but both are pretty boring and don't stop me reaching for the office stash of biscuits. I need something tasty, quick and easy to throw together. Hello, Pesto, Pea & Mint Soup!


I followed this YouTube video by OnePotChefShow with a few added little ingredients! Here's what you need:

3 Cups (750ml) of Water
1 Teaspoon of Salt
2 Cups (350g) of Frozen Peas
2 Spring Onions / Shallots (trimmed and chopped roughly)
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
3-4 Tablespoons of Basil Pesto Sauce


Additional: 1 x vegetable stock cube, sprinkle of pepper & a small handful of fresh mint leaves (follow the video, just add the stock cube and pepper to your boiling water and the mint when you blend).

Preparation Time: About 5 minutes 
Cooking Time: About 5 minutes



It took no time at all to make and tasted delicious. I didn't sieve any of the little bits out, so it has a lovely rustic texture. Obviously, if you like it smooth, you can just sieve it all out! I doubled the recipe so I could pop some in the fridge for work this week and already lunchtime is looking more promising.


Do you have any healthy lunch recipes that I should be trying? I need all the inspo I can get! 


4 comments:

  1. At uni I always need to eat a pizza or a sandwich because I don't have time for more... It's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious!! definitely going to try this next week, after Christmas eating habbits ive become a little obsessed with soup :)

    Latasha xx |Today I Adore

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds really healthy yet delicious! now i feel like making this tomorrow night! ;p

    Check out my latest outfit post featuring Scuba Bomber jacket! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds stunning! Great recipe, can't wait to try it!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...