Friday 15 November 2013

Falling for essie


Yawn. Everyone loves essie-blah-blah-blah. Stay with me guys, stay with me. This is actually my first brush with essie as a brand. Despite the hype their nail varnishes always seem to have, they are more expensive than other options and I don't know why, I've just never jumped on board. Until now.

Let me just paint the picture (so many nail varnish puns, just one post), I am a terrible nail varnish applier. I'm one of those people whose varnish goes gloopy, always chips and more than likely has a tiny hair from a jumper molded in for good measure. Glitter is my friend. It always goes wrong and my models own glitter polish covers it up. But, this has changed and I have essie to thank...


I picked up their 'favorites for fall' duo cause it was quite a good deal (i think, no link!) and I really liked the colours. Chinchilly is a soft grey and Bahama Mama is a berry pink/red. On Monday, I applied two coats (in mins, they went on so well!) of Chinchilly and Seche Vite to finish and it has only just chipped away. It's Friday people. FRIDAY. To say I am amazed after my usual love-hate-why-the-mother-are-you-always-chipping relationship with nail varnish is an understatement. So much so that I utilised this week's 3for2 in Boots to get the essie apricot cuticle oil, which so far I also love. Hello, November favs.

Are you an essie fan? What's your favorite shade?
Ps. I started a Facebook page, so if that's your thing please follow via the below link :)


14 comments:

  1. I'm seriously addicted to Essie, my collection it getting a little out of hand haha, I definitely recommend Set In Stones, Bikini So Teeny, & Cute As A Button :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo i love the look of Bikini So Teeny! x

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to pick up Chinchilly for ages, such a gorgeous shade! I just ordered After school boy blazer and I'm so excited for it to arrive!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I tried to get After School Blazer, but it was nowhere to be seen! Excited to see what you think x

      Delete
  3. Those colours are amazing! I love Essie, the formula and how the polishes dry.. its just fab!

    brainybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I thought the finish was amazing, I am totally converted...sorry bank account! x

      Delete
  4. I love both of the colors, they are so beautiful :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute, you should deffo check them out :) x

      Delete
  5. Newly addicted to Essie - thanks for the color suggestions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally just posted a blog about this too! Chinchilly looks beaut, have you got many more colours in your collection yet?
    :)
    Bana, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...