Thursday 13 June 2013

Review: Empties



Such a satisfying feeling when you reach the end of the pot-bottle-tube-sachet, especially if you are over run by products like many of us beauty babes. As always, when you reach the end of the product you start to make the serious decision of whether you should re-purchase or not - it can be tough guys! So, with the weighty decision playing on my mind, I thought I would run through these empties and tell you all what I will and won't be repurchasing. Jump on board the fun bus and strap your seat belts, it's about to get thrilling....

Max Factor Smooth Effect Foundation
I've mentioned this on my blog before and can tell you that I certainly will repurchase it. I like to have a couple of foundations and a tinted moisturizer/BB cream at one time. This is so I can alternate the coverage and colour accordingly because sometimes you just have those days where you're like 'woah, this is too orange' or alternatively too light. It's a lighter foundation than some that leaves the skin with a silky/subtle powdery finish. I have quite oily skin, so if I need a less glowy foundation (Rimmel Wake Me Up for example) then I turn to this Max Factor beaut.


Sanctuary Spa Salt Scrub
My mum loves to throw a sachet into a stocking or birthday gift, so I always get the chance to test out new body products. I quite liked this scrub as it isn't too harsh like some with larger salt crystals, but not too smooth it doesn't exfoliate easily. It also smells good and does make you feel like you are in spa, if you close your eyes! However, the salt aspect means your recently shaven legs can get irritated if you have sensitive skin like me. For that reason, I don't think I will repurchase this one

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser
If you read my blog normally then you already know that I have big love for The Body Shop. I think their mini sets are a great price (£10 a set) and really handy for travel. On top of that, their full sized skincare isn't expensive either for the quality (£8 for a full sized Vitamin E Cream Cleanser). This particular cleanser is one of their bestsellers and it's easy to see why! My skin always feels well moisturized and less tired after using this product. I won't be repurchasing this particular one though (shock, horror!) because I have oily skin and I prefer to use a liquid cleanser (currently, loving La Roche Posay) and then a night cream like their Vitamin E Night Cream.


Max Factor Lasting Lip Tint in Berry Burst
I've bought this lip tint twice now and I personally really like it. It smells and tastes really yummy, not that you are suppose to sniff and eat them. The finish of the 'Very Berry' one is a deep red, which I think suits many skin tones and isn't too glam for a day to day basis. I know that some lip tints and pens can dry out really quickly, but this one seemed to last me ages. Overall, it's looking good Max Factor.

Sure Roll On Deodorant
Bit of a boring one, but important! I know a lot of people will agree that it can be hard to find a deodorant that suits their skin. I have quite sensitive skin, especially when it has been shaved so I prefer to use a roll on as I feel they are more moisturizing than a spray. This one from Sure and the Dove ones always have a great range of scents and last for ages, so if you are switching to a roll on I would recommend these.

Anatomicals 'You need a blooming shower, your nose smells rose' Body Cleanser
I love the Anatomicals range and their quirky names and packages. This is quite a subtle rose scented shower gel, so great if you're not really into having anything too overpowering. I probably will buy this again, but I'm not that fussed when it comes to shower gels and just grab whatever is on offer.


Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche Eau de Toilette
My love for this scent cannot be described. It smells so good. It reminds me of summer and I love, love, love it. I just wish perfume was cheaper? Crazy when you think we spend so much money of scented liquid. I normally ask for this at Christmas and then buy some cheaper everyday perfumes, so if anyone has any suggestions of cheap perfumes please comment below!

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo
A bit like shower gel, I do tend to hunt for offers when it comes to shampoo and conditioner too. This blonde one from John Frieda is really good though. I think it has a thick enough texture to add moisture, but not too much that you can feel the product on your hair all day. Deffo a repurchase!

Soap and Glory Hand Food hand Cream
I've bought this hand cream a fair few times because it is super fast drying and leaves your hands tres smooth. However, I just prefer other hand creams - soz Soap and Glory! I think it's good for the price, but there are many other alternatives that feel more luxurious than this one.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
Mentioned this a fair few times too, so apologies if you're a regular reader. I think it's a brilliant primer and because of the light gel-type formula it works really well with oily skin. I know they have loads of different versions depending on your skin type, so if you are after a primer I would suggest giving this one a go.

Almost there...

Rituals Magic Touch Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk Whipped Body Cream
Oh gawd dayum. Smells-so-so-good. Mentioned way too much on here and still haven't repurchased yet! This is one of the best creams I have ever used, so I will be getting it on my next shopping list (I talk more about it here)

Soap and Glory Flake Away Body Scrub
Repurchased this beast a few times as it never disappoints. Last month I bought the Sugar Crush version though, which I really wish i hadn't. It's way too sweet for me and a little stickier in consistency. As soon as I have finished it I will be getting this Flake away one again fo'sho.

Phew! Long post or what? Let me know what products you have just finished and are loving because I love switching things up (live life on the edge don't i!).


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...